[MPWG] Please tqake time today Dec. 7th to do whatyou can to help thouse who are working for us and the earth see below.

rabiah al nur rabiah_sol at hotmail.com
Tue Nov 30 14:38:09 CST 2010

>From November 29th-Dec 10th 2010, the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change, 16th Conference of the Parties (UNFCCC COP 16) will meet in Cancún Mexico. We are writing because communities comprised primarily of people of color, indigenous and the poor all over the world are feeling the impacts from our global climate crisis. Today, these communities are seeking us to stand with them as they call on the world to recognize the real solutions that they have in response to the global climate crisis.

On December 7, 2010, we ask that you join grassroots, and allied organizations representing racial justice, indigenous rights, economic justice, farm worker and worker rights, immigrant rights, youth organizing and environmental justice communities actively engaged in climate justice organizing to participate in a global day of recognition that real impacted people hold the real solutions to our global climate crisis. We hope that we can depend on you to join us emphasize the moral urgency that is needed to honestly address the climate crisis.

Climate change and unregulated energy consumption hits poor communities of color first and hardest. Therefore, we ask that you utilize December 7 in perhaps one or all of the following ways:
* A day of prayer, fasting and/or mediation;
* Host a Teach In: Engage your faith community in a dialogue around issues of climate change and energy consumption;
* Take a pledge to be better stewards of the earth;
* Highlight the comments that you have made to your stewardship to the earth

Whatever you choose, we hope that you will join us on December 7, for the Thousands of Cancúns for Climate Justice. For more information, please see the following websites:

http://viacampesina.org/en/
http://ggjalliance.org/node/539

Rabiah Al Nur Spring of Light rabiah_sol at hotmail.com