[MPWG] update on Numen: the Nature of Plants

Ann Armbrecht a.armbrecht at gmail.com
Fri Mar 12 09:32:26 CST 2010

Our apologies if you receive duplicate copies of this message.

*Dear Friends,*

*
*

I'm writing with an update on the film, *Numen: The Nature of Plants*, the
first full-length documentary film on whole plant medicine and the healing
power of plants.

The film has been screened at festivals and community events across the
country - just this week we have received requests from the Earth Day Film
festival in the town of Craik, Saskatchewan, Canada, the 4th Tel Aviv SPIRIT
Film Festival, and the Yale Environmental Film Festival to consider it for
their festivals. It was a featured film at the World Parliament on Religions
held this past December in Melbourne, Australia, and we've shipped DVD's to
over 13 countries!

 We're writing now to invite you to use *Numen *to inspire action in your
communities. We hope the film can help promote a grassroots healthcare
system and we need your help to do so!

 Here are a few ideas of how you can help:

   - Check out our new website: http://www.numenfilm.com/ with the latest on
   screenings, reviews, biographies, film previews and purchasing DVDs.

   - Link *Numen* on your site, mention it on Facebook, Twitter, and blogs.
   Post reviews and descriptions of screenings you have organized or attended
   and discussions and actions inspired by the film.

   - Hold a community screening. Partner with a local organization such as a
   CSA, garden club, church, etc. Check out our website for a creative way to
   have the screening pay for itself and make some money. Soon we'll have
   materials on our site to help you plan and promote your screening.

   - Encourage your university library to purchase a copy of the film or
   contact faculty who might be able to do so. Suggest that the film be
   included in integrative and holistic health classes in medical schools,
   continuing nursing programs, health centers, and others.

   - Suggest that Numen be screened at film festivals in your area, at
   integrative health/herbal/gardening conferences, and educational workshops,
   etc.

   - Order a copy to donate to your local library or video store.

   - Suggest other creative ways we might make *Numen* available to
   communities, schools, health organizations, etc.

Thanks to the many of you who have purchased the film and organized
screenings in your community and for your help in spreading the word about
the film. We continue to be amazed and deeply gratified by the waysNumen is
being received.

 Best,

 Ann

Ann Armbrecht, PhD