[MPWG] sustainability problems- certified organic wild crop witch hazel

Penny's Pine Nuts penny at pinenut.com
Tue Mar 9 10:38:51 CST 2010

We have run into a sustainability issues with our certified organic wild
crop witch hazel (Hamamelis virginiana).  Our protocol is 25 % of any one
plant or group.  The result is that other species like Salix interior and
other willows benefit from the pruning back of the witch hazel.

To insure sustainability, I need to have a commercial benefit for harvesting
the willow species in the same habitat. White willow is not abundant.

Does anyone have ideas?

Thank you,

Penny Frazier

A Wild Crops Farm