[MPWG] Seeking Executive Director for United Plant Savers

Sara sara9 at mac.com
Fri Jun 11 08:12:12 CDT 2010

United Plant Savers is Seeking to Hire an Executive Director with Non-profit and Leadership Experience.
Over the past 16 years, United Plant Savers has made huge progress towards fulfilling our mission to protect and conserve our native medicinal plants. Currently, and as always, we have numerous vital activities going on within the organization and our membership.

We are currently in the third season of our Intern Program at our 360-acre Sanctuary in Ohio, with a very interesting and enthusiastic group participating in the May session. Our Botanical Sanctuary Network continues to grow robustly, our publications have all been beautiful and filled with interesting articles, and our conferences have been plentiful and well-attended. Financially we are within our budget and on fairly stable ground, especially notable in these economic times.

Because of these accomplishments, we are now in the enviable situation of being positioned for new growth and undertakings. Inanalyzing what is needed to further our programs and initiatives, including a redesign of our website and a strong membership drive, we have identified that we need additional skilled person-power. Lynda LeMole, who has served as UpS’s incredibly effective Executive Director for the past 6 years, has decided to step aside and pass this role to a new E.D. with strong non-profit and fund-raising experience, someone who will enable Lynda and the rest of the board and other UpS supporters to further the various exciting projects that will fulfill our mission.

Some of the key qualifications for this position include:

1.  Significant fund-raising and financial management experience.
2.  Strong track record of successful grant-writing and oversight.
3.  Well-developed communication and public relations skills
4.  Experience in the running of a non-profit organization.
5.  Passion for plants and a genuine commitment to our mission.

Interested persons should contact Sara Katz, UpS Board president: sara9 at mac.com or 541-846-6999.

A full job description can be found online at:  http://www.unitedplantsavers.org/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=234&cntnt01returnid=15