[MPWG] Stopping gas drilling as a national collective

marguerite uhlmann-bower 3moonsisters at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 19:59:28 CST 2010

Hello all those against Gas Drilling,

My friend Marcelle has been in touch with Food and Water Watch. See their
message to her below. They would like to connect with as many local
organizations involved in the banning of gas drilling and write congress
asking for a repeal of the 2005 exemption that was granted to the oil and
gas industry from the Safe Drinking Water Act.

I have CC'd all those I know who are heavily involved in gas drilling.
Lets keep this momentum going.

Here are the groups and organizations I know. If anyone knows of others
please forward to Food and Water Watch.

Thank you
Marguerite

*Local volunteer groups involved:*
http://www.binghamtonsustainability.org/ (Broome County)
http://www.catskillcitizens.org/ (Sullivan County)
http://www.chenangogreens.org/ (Chenango County)
http://www.damascuscitizens.org/ (Delaware Basin NY/PA)
http://www.catskillmountainkeeper.org/ (Catskill Mountains)
http://www.un-naturalgas.org/ CDOG (Delaware/Otsego Counties)
http://www.shaleshock.org/ (Tompkins/Tioga /Schuyler Counties )
http://www.schoharievalleywatch.org/ (Schoharie County)
http://www.un-naturalgas.org/

*Environmental groups involved:*
Keri Powell, Earthjustice, (212) 791-1881,
ext. 24, (917) 573-8853 (cell)   www.earthjustice.org

John Walke, Natural Resources Defense Council, (202) 289-2406
www.nrdc.org

Eric Schaeffer, Environmental Integrity Project, (202)
263-4440                www.environmentalintegrity.org

Vickie Patton, Environmental Defense Fund, 303-447-7215
www.edf.org/home.cfm

Virginia Cramer, Sierra Club, (804) 225-9113
www.sierraclub.org

TEDX Exchange - Dr Theo Colburn
http://www.endocrinedisruption.com/home.php

shaleshock.org

propublica.org

--
"DON'T BITE THE LAND THAT FEEDS YOU"
unknown

Please Sign the Petition to Ban Hydro- Fracture Gas Drilling in New
York State
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/NY-Statewide-Ban-On-Natural-Gas-Drilling

--

Marguerite Uhlmann-Bower, R.N., Herbalist
TheHerbalNurses™