[MPWG] PAID internships in medicinal plant conservation for undergrads at West Virginia University!

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Tue Feb 16 11:31:58 CST 2010

Posting information from Dr. McGraw about spring and summer medicinal
plant internship opportunities at WVU!

Deadline: Review of applications will begin March 15, 2010. Personal
interviews with Dr. McGraw and Sara Souther may follow. A decision is
expected by April 1, 2010.

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 110
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276

Promoting sustainable use and conservation of our native medicinal plants.

- - - - - - - - - - -

Dept. of Biology - West Virginia University - Morgantown WV 26506

We're always looking for talented  undergrads with a real interest in
botany.

People can also access information about the internship (under the
Announcements Link) and our research program at:

http://www.wildginsengconservation.com

--
James B.  McGraw, Eberly Professor of Biology

Phone: 304-293-5201
email: jmcgraw at wvu.edu

http://www.as.wvu.edu/biology/faculty/JBMPersonalSite/index.html

"At such a difficult moment, there are those who say we cannot afford
to invest in science. That support for research is somehow a luxury
at a moment defined by necessities. I fundamentally disagree.
Science is more essential for our prosperity, our security, our
health, our environment, and our quality of life than it has ever
been."  - Barack Obama, President, National Academy of Sciences,
April 27, 2009