[MPWG] Fw: regarding posting on this list ~ Creosote

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Thu Jun 18 14:48:39 CDT 2009

Forwarding a message from someone who's in the process of subscribing to
the list from a new account but wanted to respond. Read on...

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 110
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276
Working for the conservation and sustainable use of our green natural
resources.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>

----- Forwarded by Patricia De Angelis/ARL/R9/FWS/DOI on 06/18/2009 03:46
PM -----

Eden <edensomberg at yahoo.com>

06/18/2009 03:28 PM

Hi Elizabeth,

I'm not the grad student you're looking for, but from what I understand,
Creosote (Larrea tridentata) is one of the most plentiful plants in the
American Southwest, to the point of being considered invasive in some
areas, and depending on how that amount is gathered over a certain area I
would imagine it to be quite sustainable. I did find a reference for you:

Whitson, T.D. (ed.) et al. 1996. Weeds of the West. Western Society of
Weed Science in cooperation with Cooperative Extension Services,
University of Wyoming. Laramie, Wyoming. 630pp.

Best Regards,
Eden