[MPWG] Recent Issues of the Med Bot Newsletter now available online!

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Fri Jan 23 07:51:30 CST 2009

I've been slow in getting these to the list - here are the Table of
Contents for 3 recent issues of The Herbal Dispatch, the newsletter of the
Mountain State University Medicinal Botanicals Program.

The full newsletters (except January 2009) are posted at:
http://www.mountainstate.edu/usda/newsletters/default.aspx

Enjoy!
-Patricia

October 2008
- Slippery Elm: A Key to Raising Healthy Goats?
- Virginia Snakeroot Seeds Available
- Appalachian Plant Profile: Wild Black Cherry
- Schedule, MSU-WVHA Fall Conference
- Fall Conference Registration Form
- Goldenseal for Sale
- MBP in Pictures: The goat Pearl eating slippery elm

December 2008
- 10-Year-Old WV Farmer Pushes Blue Potato
- Common Ailments: Sciatica
- Colicroot (Aletris farinosa; Liliaceae)
- Report: Wind Project Better than Strip Mining
- Appalachian Plant Profile: Black Birch
- Letter to the Editor
- Effect of Fiber, Antispasmodics, and Peppermint Oil in the Treatment of
Irritable Bowel Syndrome: Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis
- MBP in Pictures

January 2009
- David C. Carman: A Success Story
- The Soil Biology Primer
- Seneca Snakeroot (Polygala senega L.)
- Thirty eight Percent Adults Use Alternative Medicine
- Appalachian Plant Profile: Sugar Maple

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 110
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276
Working for the conservation and sustainable use of our green natural
resources.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>