[MPWG] sustainable Boswellia?

Isla Burgess isla at herbcollege.com
Thu Dec 17 12:22:38 CST 2009

Good Morning Susan,

Boswellia is not on a CITES Listing and the IUCN has a 'data deficient'
rating.

We do need to be concerned about the conservation status of this herb.

I recently developed as part of an MSc dissertation a Medicinal Plant Rapid
Assessment Tool (MPRAT) and am the interim convener for the International
Research Group for the Conservation of Medicinal Plants www.irgcmp.org
<http://www.irgcmp.org/>

We are hoping to attract funding to apply the MPRAT to a range of medicinal
plants available in over the counter and practitioner products.

The website is in the early stages of development but more information will
be added over time.

I wish all buyers were asking these questions.

Nga Mihi,

Isla

Isla Burgess (Interim Convenor for IRGCMP)

Director

International College of Herbal Medicine

18B Sirrah St

Wainui, Gisborne, New Zealand

#6468630048

#6468630046 Fax