[MPWG] sustainable Boswellia?

sesherbs at aol.com sesherbs at aol.com
Thu Dec 17 08:06:42 CST 2009

Hello-
I am a supplement retailer wondering whether I should be concerned about sustainable harvesting of Boswellia serrata that is sold in the US.   Is the resin gathered from trees that are cultivated for commercial use or is it gathered from wild trees?  Is there a way to "sustainably" harvest without threatening tree populations? Are Boswellia trees threatened or endangered in some areas?  If anyone could please shed some light I would appreciate it greatly.

Sincerely,
Susan Stanton
Supplement Buyer
Brattleboro Food Coop