[MPWG] Reminder: Public Meeting to Discuss 2010 CITES Agenda Items - Dec. 2, 1:30pm (Dept. of Interior, Washington, DC)

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Tue Dec 1 11:51:16 CST 2009

Dear CITES Stakeholder,

The purpose of this email is to let you know that the U.S. Fish and
Wildlife Service is in the midst of preparing for the 15th meeting of the
Conference of the Parties to CITES (CoP15), to be held in Doha, Qatar,
March 13-25, 2010.  Currently, we are developing U.S. negotiating
positions on proposed resolutions, decisions, and amendments to the CITES
Appendices (species proposals), and we are soliciting public comments on
what positions we should take at the meeting.   The public comment period
runs until January 4, 2010.  During this comment period, we are also
hosting a public meeting on December 2, 2009, at 1:30 p.m., in the Yates
Auditorium of the Department of the Interior at 18th and C Streets, NW,
Washington, DC.  For additional information on our CoP15 preparations,
please visit our CoP15 website at
http://www.fws.gov/international/DMA_DSA/CITES/CITES_CoP15.html

Please feel free to forward this information to other interested
individuals and organizations.