[MPWG] CALL: Photos for MPWG online fact sheets

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Wed Apr 8 12:12:44 CDT 2009

We're going to be adding three more medicinal plant fact sheets for the
Medicinal Plant Working Group.  I'm looking for some additional photos to
add.  The three plants that will be covered are:

- Ligusticum porteri : Osha
- Opuntia: Prickly Pear Cactus
- Cypripedium: Lady's Slipper Orchids

The digital images I'll be adding to the website will be no larger than
800pixels on their longest side unless you want to share the full sized
version.  If you have photos of these plants that you've taken and would
like to let us use for the website, please e-mail it to me along with the
photographer credit, general location the photo was taken (if known, even
just eastern or western US would do), and whether you'd like me to label
it "All Rights Reserved" or state that educational use is allowed.  Please
don't send me photographs that you don't own the copyright for.  If you
have questions about this, please let me know.  If you have a lot of
images, email me and we can work out an easier method for you to share
them with me.

For an example of what was done for the previous photos I gathered for the
first two fact sheets, take a look at
http://www.plantconservationwiki.org/wiki/Hydrastis_canadensis  Click on
the image thumbnail and you can see where I put the photographer/rights
information.

Olivia
CPC/PCA
http://www.nps.gov/plants/