[MPWG] NEWS: Therapy needed for medicinal plants

MoonBranch Botanicals moonbranch at earthlink.net
Fri May 30 10:39:13 CDT 2008

Thanks for the article Olivia! This is a great piece illustrating some of the issues at hand. Here in North Carolina, a state that leads the nation in the loss of farm and forest lands, the need to curb development pressures and the resulting threat to lands in traditional use is critical.

Here in the Yellow Creek community, we are organizing residents to look at potential solutions to unbridled development. One potential outcome of this community organization will be the procurement of resources to purchase private lands that we hope to keep in traditional use.

I would like to challenge others around the globe, where possible, to look at similar local strategies to help solve these global issues affecting our plant allies.

Thanks again for the article!
Robin