[MPWG] Call for applicants Future for Nature Foundation Award 2009

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Thu Jul 31 07:31:16 CDT 2008

The Future for Nature Foundation will issue three prizes of ? 50.000 each
to talented persons who have distinguished themselves with internationally
outstanding species protection efforts...we invite you to apply for the
Future for Nature Award or to propose other persons, not
later than 31 August 2008.

Details below...Patricia

----- Forwarded by Patricia De Angelis/ARL/R9/FWS/DOI on 07/31/2008 08:28
AM -----

Future for Nature Award 2009
"To protect species of wild animals and plants......"
Still open for applications!

Late June, the Future for Nature Foundation (formerly called Golden Ark)
announced the 2009 Future for Nature Award for the
protection of species of wild flora and fauna. The Foundation will issue
three prizes of ? 50.000 each to talented persons who have
distinguished themselves with internationally outstanding species
protection efforts.

With this reminder ?call for candidates?  we invite you to apply for the
Future for Nature Award or to propose other persons, not
later than 31 August 2008. The Award winners will be selected by an
independent, international selection committee, consisting
of eminent conservationists. The Future for Nature Award will be issued
spring 2009 at Burgers? Zoo, the Netherlands.
For specific information and for the application form please visit our
website: www.futurefornature.net

You are welcome to send this invitation to others with the special button
(please, indicate the subject "Future for Nature Award").
We are keen to keep you updated on further developments. Please indicate
your interest to receive the free Golden Ark Award News
in the future by clicking on the special button Subscribe.

The Future for Nature Award?..
·      Is a reward for outstanding achievements in the protection of
species of wild flora and fauna;
·      For 2009 consists of three prizes of  ?50.000;
·      Is to stimulate award winners to sustain their dedicated work, to
raise their profile, to extend their professional network and to
     strengthen their funding basis.

A Master Class
A Master Class in species protection will be part of the Golden Ark Award
Conference.

A Conservation Sponsor Market
The Conservation Sponsor Market serves to establish contacts between Award
nominees and winners and potential sponsors.

Main eligibility criteria

·  Activities of the conservation leader have clear, substantial and long
lasting benefits for the conservation status of one or more
     species of wild flora and/or fauna;
·  Applicants should not be at the end of their career; the preference is
for talented, relatively young candidates at the early of mid
     stages of their career;
·  Practical conservation relevance and long term benefits of current and
future work or project of the candidate;
·  Conservation leadership, actual and potential contributions of
applicant in promoting conservation.

How and when to apply
For further information about the Future for Nature Award Foundation, the
Future for Nature Award and Applications, please read the information on
the website http://www.futurefornature.net. The deadline for applications
is 31 August 2008.