[MPWG] Butternut tree decline due to butternut canker -- USFS seeking information

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Fri Aug 8 09:20:16 CDT 2008

Butternut is also a medicinal plant!  So, I thought I'd throw this e-mail
on this list, too (see below).  If anyone has info or insights for this
researcher, please contact him directly.

For a list of some of the butternut species that are native to North
America, see:
NatureServe Explorer
        http://www.natureserve.org/explorer/
        Type "juglans" into the 'Species Quick Search'
Hit "Go"

For info on some medicinal uses of butternut, see:
Dr. Duke's Phytochemical and Ethnobotanical Databases
http://www.ars-grin.gov/duke/ethnobot.html
Type "juglans"
Submit
University of Michigan Native American Ethnobotany database:
http://herb.umd.umich.edu/
Type "juglans"
Hit "Go"

Thanks,
Patricia

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 110
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276
Working for the conservation and sustainable use of our green natural
resources.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>

----- Forwarded by Patricia De Angelis/ARL/R9/FWS/DOI on 08/08/2008 10:04
AM -----

"Larry Morse" <larry.morse.dc at earthlink.net>
Sent by: native-plants-bounces at lists.plantconservation.org
08/08/2008 05:53 AM
Please respond to
larry.morse.dc at earthlink.net

"PCA Native Plants List" <native-plants at lists.plantconservation.org>
cc

Subject
[PCA] Butternuts -- Extant sites wanted by USFS