[MPWG] HerbDay Announcement

marguerite uhlmann-bower 3moonsisters at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 20:26:36 CDT 2008

*Hello all,*

We are hoping you will be interested in attending a meeting on *April 13 at
3:00 p.m*. at Harmony Hill Retreat Center to discuss this year's HerbDay.
Contacts Marguerite Bower 607-278-9635 or Chris Rosenthal 607-278-6609 for
questions. Please let us know if you would like to bring your ideas to the
table and/or your time to spreading the word about:
*

A Summer Time Announcement - HerbDay - Sunday, July 27th !
*

This year HerbDay will be a little different in our village of East
Meredith. Since we in our community are very involved in water quality,
nourishing what grows and lives around us, relocalization, community
gardens, etc., we thought bringing this consciousness into the HerbDay's
theme just seemed like the right thing to do.

Its going to be like a city block party but in the country.......on 70 acres
of woods and fields, weaved with trails and brooks and all of Nature.

The day will begin with a noon meal where everyone brings a dish to pass and
the recipe to share. Bring your herbal wares or crafts to share. If anyone
wants to play their music, great. Do some hand stands or back flips,
wonderful. 7Song, was that you at the IHS?

Then the learning begins. From about 1:30 p.m. to 6 p.m. groups will form
into general topics or interests. Each will have a moderator so everyone has
a chance to talk / teach / learn.

National HerbDay will be remembered with an honoring circle at 6 p.m.

See the attached [also below].
Green Blessings,

Chris Rosenthal, M.S., co-owner, Harmony Hill Retreat Center

*

HERBDAY 2008 - Herbal Exchange Day

Sunday July 27, 2008 from 12:00 to 6:00
at Harmony Hill Retreat Center, E. Meredith, NY 13757

Free and open to the public.

Register by emailing
**chris at harmonyhillretreat.com* <chris at harmonyhillretreat.com>*
Or call her at 607-278-6609

A day of celebrating and community sharing:

- on the importance of our wild and weedy surroundings
- Self-sufficiency and Nature stewarding.
- The preservation of our natural resources
and everything that is local and good for all of us.

Learn from each other:

- How we harvest and grow herbs.
- How to best facilitate the herbs that are our food and therapies.
- Alternative healing methods which incorporate herbs and/or Nature in
unique ways.
*

*Come at noon, bring a dish to pass and the recipe to share. *

*Want to bring your wares to display or play music? Please do.*
*

Join us as we allow Nature to be our guide for the healing of each other and
of our Earth.

Please pass this onto anyone and everyone........
*

--
Green Blessings,
Sincerely

May our walk be soft and gentle
as we gather our roots once again.

Marguerite Uhlmann-Bower, R.N., Herbalist
TheHerbalNurses™
10517 Turnpike Rd.
East Meredith, NY 13757
(607) 278-9635