[MPWG] NEWS: Hidden in Plain Sight: U.S. Plants Need Additional Protection, New Report Finds

MoonBranch Botanicals moonbranch at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 4 20:41:35 CDT 2008

While I applaud the spirit of this study and wholeheartedly agree with its findings, I can't help but wonder why these findings should be "news" to anyone. It is a shame that a Nation with so many gifted and educated Federal and State agency staff, financial resources, and world-class institutions of higher learning has not realized the status quo, mono-disciplinary state of affairs and resulting lack of holistic vision that has been the norm in our environmental/conservation policy development and implementation.

Now, how about bringing Federal/State agencies like Department(s) of Commerce, Transportation, Forest Resources, Cultural Resources, and Revenue, etc. along for the ride and to the table?

Good Luck!
Robin