[MPWG] Gentiana tianchanica (f'd)

Elisabeth Dodinet e.dodinet at wanadoo.fr
Sat May 19 04:54:52 CDT 2007

Ok,

Just to complete my previous mail:

There is at the moment yet very few phylogeny work at specific level.
Most of the current litterature is still focused on delimiatiung
Families or Genera. This is especially true for Gentianaceae  and
Gentiana which taxonomic limits have been hotly debated for years

Under the only 2 articles I have been able to trace which deal with
infrageneric  level with some asiatic Gentiana (there are other
articles but dealing with other sections of the genus)

Infrageneric Phylogeny of the Genus Gentiana (Gentianaceae) Inferred
from Nucleotide Sequences of the Internal Transcribed Spacers (ITS)
of Nuclear Ribosomal DNA
Yong-Ming Yuan, Philippe Kupfer, Jeff J. Doyle, American Journal of
Botany, Vol. 83, No. 5 (May, 1996), pp. 641-652 with some elements on
the sect. Cruciata

Phylogenetic Use of Noncoding Regions in the Genus Gentiana L.:
Chloroplast trn L (UAA) Intron versus Nuclear Ribosomal Internal
Transcribed Spacer Sequences, Authors: Gielly L., Yuan Y.M.; Kupfer
P.; Taberlet P.,  Molecular Phylogenetics and Evolution, Volume 005,
Number 3, 1996, pp. 460-466(7)

I would make a bet that there is no finger printing for the species
in the current litterature so specific studies would be needed (by
the way there is also very few chemotaxonomical work on the species)

Elisabeth Dodinet
Secrétaire Générale
Société Botanique de Fance
20 avenue de Longchamp