[MPWG] photos of medicinal plants request

Emily B. Roberson eroberson at biologicaldiversity.org
Fri May 18 17:33:57 CDT 2007

Medicinal plants folks:

The Native Plant Conservation Campaign (NPCC) is developing a fact sheet on
medicinal plants for use in educating the public, elected officials, the
media and others on this important aspect of value of native plants. We are
looking for photos - or drawings - of commonly used medicinal species to
illustrate the publication. We are hoping to include photos of both U.S.
species and of common medicinal species native to other countries.

The NPCC is a project of the Center for Biological Diversity. We are a
nationwide network of native plant science and conservation organizations.
Currently the NPCC network includes 36 affiliate native plant societies,
botanic gardens, museums, and arboreta, representing more than 80,000
scientists and laypersons nationwide.

If anyone has any photos that they might be willing to contribute, we would
greatly appreciate it. The photographer - or organization - will of course
be credited in the publication.

For examples of NPCC publications and other information on our work, see our
website www.plantsocieties.org

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Emily

_____________________
Emily B. Roberson, Ph.D.
Director, Native Plant Conservation Campaign
A Program of the Center for Biological Diversity
PMB 151 (not p.o.b)
1459 18th St.
San Francisco, CA 94107
Phone: 415 970 0394
Email:  eroberson at biologicaldiversity.org
Web:   http://www.plantsocieties.org <http://www.plantsocieties.org/>
           www.biologicaldiversity.org
<file:///\\www.biologicaldiversity.org>
The mission of the NPCC is to promote appreciation and conservation of
native plant species and communities through collaboration, education, law,
policy, land use and management.