[MPWG] text for med plant phytochemistry

Tony Hayes herbalogic at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 26 22:57:32 CDT 2007

          Drew,  Here is one of my picks.  Encyclopedia of Common Natural Ingredients Used in Food, Drugs, and Cosmetics  by Albert Y. Leung, Steven Foster
  More Views

   Paperback - Second Edition
   ISBN: 0471471283
   Pub. Date: August 2003

  http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbninquiry.asp?ean=9780471471288&z=y

  Best regards,
  Tony

Drew Monthie <ecology at adelphia.net> wrote:
          I am teaching an undergraduate course this fall on medicinal plants and had planned on using Judith Sumner's The Natural History of Medicinal Plants as one of the texts.  The book is however out of print.

  I spoke to Dr Sumner and it will be reprinted but not in time for the course.  Does anyone know of a good (fairly short) text on medicinal plant chemistry that students with no background in plant science would be able to utilize?  Thanks

  Drew Monthie
  Queensbury, NY

Disclaimer
Any advice given on this list regarding diagnosis or treatments etc. reflects ONLY the opinion of the individual who posts the message. The information contained in posts is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific medical condition or question. All medical and other healthcare information that is discussed on this list should be carefully reviewed by the individual reader and their qualified healthcare professional. Posts do not reflect any official opinions or positions of the Plant Conservation Alliance.

Anthony J. Hayes, PresidentRidge Runner Trading Company, Inc.P.O. Box 391Boone, NC 28607PH: 828.264.3615FX: 828.262.3605herbalogic at yahoo.com