[MPWG] Fw: [Pollinator] Request for Photos for Pollinator Planting Guides

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Mon Dec 10 09:08:12 CST 2007

Forwarding this request to our listserves.  Please contact Kat McGuire if
you can help!
-Patricia

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 110
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276
Working for the conservation and sustainable use of our green natural
resources.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>

--

"Kat McGuire" <km at coevolution.org>
Sent by: pollinator-bounces+dolores_savignano=fws.gov at lists.sonic.net
12/04/2007 05:58 PM

<pollinator at coevolution.org>
cc

Subject
[Pollinator] Request for Photos for Pollinator Planting Guides

The North American Pollinator Protection Campaign (NAPPC) is currently at
work creating a series of bioregional planting guides entitled Selecting
Plants for Pollinators and is requesting photos of NATIVE plants and
pollinators found in all areas of the U.S.

I would especially appreciate photos from the Prairie Parkland Temperate
Province, which includes parts of Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas,
Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, and South Dakota,
as this is the bioregion I'm currently working on.

Please send me the following photos (preferably in jpg format) that we may
have permission to use in the guide (all photographers will be credited):

1. A typical-looking natural landscape of the region
2. A pollinator NATIVE to the region (bee, bird, bat, butterfly, or
beetle)
3. A typical-looking farm scene from the region
5. Any other photos of the region's landscapes or pollinators (especially
pollinators interacting with their host plants)

Thank you very much for your help, and please feel free to contact me with
any questions.

Sincerely,
Kat McGuire
Development and Communication Coordinator
Coevolution Institute
423 Washington St., 5th Floor
San Francisco, CA 94111
415-362-1137