[MPWG] Federal Land Management Policy and Hypocrisy

MoonBranch Botanicals moonbranch at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 30 12:32:09 CDT 2007

Subject: Federal Land Management Policy and Hypocrisy

Hello Friends (and Others),

I can only hope you are able to open the attached photos of recent logging activities on the Nantahala National Forest. This type of behavior on the part of our Federal Agencies here in the Cheoah Ranger District in Graham County, North Carolina continues to annoy and disturb me. How in the Hell wildharvesters can be targeted as environmental rapists when this type of scenario is created by those who would condemn us is beyond me.

I am calling on a boycott of and passive resistance to federal land management policy by the local harvester base until this situation is remedied. What's fair is fair.

It is clear to me the Federals have no respect for their own laws and policies. I now understand why people in traditional use communities are forced to become outlaws.

Robin

Robin Alton Suggs
MoonBranch Botanicals
5294 Yellow Creek Road
Robbinsville, North Carolina 28771
USA

Telephone: 828.479.2788
moonbranch at earthlink.net
www.moonbranch.com

Member:
American Herbalist Guild
Co-op America
Green Products Alliance
National Network of Forest Practitioners
North Carolina Consortium on Natural Medicines
North Carolina Goodness Grows/NCDA&CS
North Carolina Natural Products Association
Southwestern North Carolina RC&D Council
United Plant Savers

"We have no choice but to respect that which sustains us."