[MPWG] Wildflower Conservancy website

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Wed Sep 13 15:22:11 CDT 2006

Passing along the news that one of our listserve members, the Wildflower
Conservancy, has unveiled their new website.  They are working with
goldenseal and ginseng and have plans for some interesting restoration
projects.  Their Native Plant Inventory Program may offer opportunities
for partnership with our MPWG-Conservation Committee projects that we have
had on public land since 2000, and also with the localized efforts that
some of our members have been involved in to collect locally-adapted
genotypes to promote/provide genetically appropriate materials for
cultivation.

Check it out at: www.wildflowerconservancy.org

-Patricia

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 750
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276
Working for the conservation and sustainable use of our green natural
resources.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>