[MPWG] Herbal Dispatch (Feb 06 Issue) & Spring Symposium (May; WV)

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Mon Mar 13 09:04:02 CST 2006

The February 2006 issue of The Herbal Dispatch, the newsletter of the
Medicinal Botanicals Program at Mountain State University, is available
at: <http://www.mountainstate.edu/usda/newsletters/default.aspx>.

The cover page article provides detailed information about the first
spring symposium that the Med Bot Program and the WV Herb Association,
with the cooperation of the USDA/ARS Appalachian Farming Systems Research
Center, are organizing for May 5-6, 2006 at the MSU campus in Beckley, WV.
The program, printed on page 2, gives the titles of the presentations and
the names and associations of the speakers. The registration form to
attend the symposium and the registration form to become and exhibitor are
on page 6. The theme of the symposium is “Producing and marketing Fresh
Herbs and Vegetables”. We encourage you to attend.

Other articles in this issue of the newsletter are:

-The essentials of essential oils–wellness–omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids
-A critical overview of homeopathy
-Appalachian plant profile: Black cohosh
-Contributing ideas for the survival of American ginseng in the wild
-Exercise is associated with reduced risk for incident dementia among
persons 65 years of age and older

We welcome article submissions and comments.

Dr. Mario R. Morales, Director
Medicinal Botanicals Program
Mountain State University
P.O. Box 9003
Beckley, WV 25802-9003
Phone: 304-929-1683

NOTE: If you prefer not to receive this newsletter, please sent us a
message and we will delete your name from the list.