[MPWG] Medicinal plant photos requested for 3rd grade science text book being developed by National Science Resources Center/Smithsnian Institution (fwd)

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Mon Jul 17 15:07:24 CDT 2006

----
Dear MPWG Members:

The National Science Resources Center/Smithsonian Institution is
developing a 3rd grade science curriculum (text book) and teacher’s guide
on Plant Growth and Development.  The text has been completed, and we are
now seeking images of MEDICINAL PLANTS, such as birch bark (aspirin),
gingko, ginseng, St. John's Wort, Goldenseal, Echinacea, etc.

If you have any high resolution photos (300 dpi/5x7" scans) that you would
be willing to contribute to this endeavor, please send them to me ASAP for
possible inclusion in this textbook.  The images can be sent as .jpg,
.tiff, or CDs.  Please include any identifying information with the
picture (such as species name, location, etc.)).

Because of budget constraints, our ability to provide monetary
compensation is limited.  But, we will gladly provide photo credits for
any pictures that are used.  Please also include with your entry any
information regarding copyright or other use restrictions.

Thank you in advance for sharing your art with NSRC/Smithsonian.

Jane Martin
photo researcher
National Science Resources Center
901 D St., SW