[MPWG] American ginseng public mtg

Patricia_Ford at fws.gov Patricia_Ford at fws.gov
Thu Feb 23 10:51:03 CST 2006

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service is hosting a public meeting on American
ginseng (Panax quinquefolius) in preparation for our 2006 findings on the
export of American ginseng roots, for the issuance of permits under the
Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and
Flora (CITES).

The meeting date is Saturday, March 11, 2006, 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m., with
a one-hour lunch break from 12 p.m. to 1:00 p.m.  The meeting location is
the Sutton/Flatwoods – Days Inn, 2000 Sutton Lane, Sutton, West Virginia
26601; phone: (304) 765-5055.

The purpose of the meeting is to gather information from the public on the
wild status, production, and export of American ginseng.  We are most
interested in any new information on the status and biology of wild
American ginseng, and the production and export of wild-simulated and
woodsgrown American ginseng.

If you have any questions/comments about the meeting, please contact Pat
Ford at: patricia_ford at fws.gov.

Attached below is the Federal Register notice announcement of the meeting.

(See attached file: 3_11_06 public mtg notice.htm)