[MPWG] Electronic Public Discussion: Evaluating the Invasive Potential of Imported Plants

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Wed Dec 20 10:03:25 CST 2006

On Wed, 20 Dec 2006, Bob Beyfuss wrote:

> It is interesting to note that my original post has been sent back to me be
> apwg-owner at lists.plantconservation.org and
> native-plants-owner at lists.plantconservation.org and
> rwg-owner at lists.plantconservation.org with the reason that I am not allowed
> to post to these listserves. I guess what I have said is not what they want
> to hear!

Since you bring this up in public, I will reply publically.

As is mentioned in the instructions for every list, including MPWG's, you
need to be subscribed to the list in order to post to it.  Because I deal
with up to and sometimes over 200 pieces of spam e-mail a day, the lists
are set to reject posts from anyone not subscribe to the list.  You and
other list members are welcome to subscribe to the other lists.  Here are
the links to the instructions for subscribing:

http://www.nps.gov/plants/maillist.htm - Main PCA list
http://www.nps.gov/plants/alien/maillist.htm - Alien Plant Working Group
list
http://www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal/mpwglist.htm - Medicinal Plant Working
Group
http://www.nps.gov/plants/restore/maillist.htm - Restoration Working Group
list

The other lists are moderated to keep things on topic and prevent people
from posting things with large attachments.  Generally the only other
requirement is that people keep their discussion civil.

I'm sorry that you think that the lists are not for open discussion of
ideas because that is not true.  In fact, I pay for these lists with my
personal money in order to give folks a place where they can discuss
native plant related issues.

Olivia
CPC/PCA
http://www.nps.gov/plants/