[MPWG] Conservation projects needed

pankaj oudhia pankajoudhia at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 19 12:52:30 CDT 2006

Dear Magudapathy,
       You can also write to National Medicinal Plant Board
  http://nmpb.nic.in/

  and FRLHT, Bangalore at
  http://www.frlht.org.in/

  for grants as well as technical help.

  ALL THE BEST.
  Pankaj Oudhia

rrr at montana.com wrote:
  Dear Magudapathy,

First, I just want to say that India is doing AMAZING projects based in
local communities. America is so bereft in this respect. We could learn so
much from these projects in India.

A few possible grant resources:

the Botanical Gardens Conservation International
http://www.bgci.org/

See also CIEER at
http://www.cieer.org

Check out Global Giving:
http://www.globalgiving.com/index.html

Can you use American students to help in herbarium, gardens?
Can you use teaching of plant identification skills?
If so, let's talk. I'm ready to write some grants.

Best Regards,
Robyn

--
Robyn Klein, MS Medical Botany
Department of Plant Sciences and Plant Pathology
robyn at montana.edu

> This is Magudapathy, post graduated in Agriculture and currently in the
> field of Medicinal Plants and its conservation. We are having small
> germplasm collection of around 250 medicinal plants (including rare and
> endangered) in Salem, TN, INDIA. We would like to expand it in bigger way
> by
> adding few hundred rare and endangered species, classroom facilities, and
> other infrastructure. The garden is servicing free to Agriculture,
> forestry,
> horticultural officers, students of botany, agriculture, horticulture,
> siddha and Ayurvedic discipline, practitioners of siddha, ayurveda and
> local
> natural healers, school students and common public without any monitory
> benefits. This institute is recognised by Periyar University, Salem and
> Govt
> Arts and Scinece College for oncampus training centre.
>
> I would be happy if you could kindly guide us to get any technical support
> and financial assistance to upgrade the garden to serve to the entire
> plant
> lovers.
>
> with kind regards
> K.Magudapathy M.Sc (Agri)
> ABS Botanical Conservation, Training and Research Institute,
> Karippati,
> Salem-
> TN, INDIA, dunhillsph at gmail.com

> Any advice given on this list regarding diagnosis or treatments etc.
> reflects ONLY the opinion of the individual who posts the message. The
> information contained in posts is not intended nor implied to be a
> substitute for professional medical advice relative to your specific
> medical condition or question. All medical and other healthcare
> information that is discussed on this list should be carefully reviewed by
> the individual reader and their qualified healthcare professional. Posts
> do not reflect any official opinions or positions of the Plant
> Conservation Alliance.

Disclaimer