[MPWG] PCA – MPWG - Conservation Committee 2006 Field Season

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Wed Aug 2 11:16:24 CDT 2006

Check your calendars and save the dates for this year’s PCA – MPWG -
Conservation Committee 2006 Field Season (see States and Dates, below)!

Since 2000, the MPWG-Conservation Committee has coordinated with the
Garden Club of America-Partners for Plants Program to conduct inventory
and/or monitoring projects on medicinal plants.  These projects are
located on federal land, with scientific oversight provided by federal
site leaders.  Each project focuses on collecting status information on a
specific medicinal plant.  The workforce for these projects is made up
primarily of volunteers, who are coordinated by The Garden Club of
America-Partners for Plants Program.

States and Dates

Site Name - Forest
Target species
Field
Date(s)
VA: Reddish Knob - George Washington and Jefferson National Forest
Black cohosh
Jun. 25-27
VA: Mount Rogers - George Washington and Jefferson National Forest
Black cohosh
Aug. 22-22
NC: Snowball Mtn. & Stoney Fork – Pisgah National Forest
Black cohosh
Sept. 10-12
NC: Name - Nantahalah - National Forests  (NC)
Black cohosh
Sept. 10 and 13

This is an opportunity for our members to participate in on-the-ground
research for our native medicinal plants.  More information on these
projects is posted on our website at:
<http://www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal/index.htm>.