[MPWG] New Publications Available Now!

Jim Chamberlain jachambe at vt.edu
Mon Oct 31 09:14:44 CST 2005

Fellow list servers,

It is my great pleasure to announce three new publications, two of which
deal with medicinal plants. I slipped the third one in because it deals with
an important non-timber forest products. The Southern Research Station of
the Forest Service has published annotated bibliographies on -- Goldenseal,
Bloodroot and Galax. These are the most comprehensive presentation of the
body of knowledge concerning some of the most discussed medicinal (and
floral) plants of today. Hard copies of the books can be obtained from me at
the address below, or by contacting the Southern Research Station (P.O. Box
2680, Asheville, NC 28804).

Even better, we have set up searchable databases on these three species,
which are available through the links below. You can download a hardcopy of
the book at that site, as well. Here are the bibliography links.

http://www.sfp.forprod.vt.edu/prodarea/bloodroot.asp
http://www.sfp.forprod.vt.edu/prodarea/goldenseal.asp
http://www.sfp.forprod.vt.edu/prodarea/galax.asp

A fourth book, presenting the state of knowledge on Black cohosh, is in the
works and we hope it will completed by the end of the year. We have reviewed
the proofs for this book and are awaiting a final copy from the publisher.

Our intention was to present the most comprehensive presentation possible.
In preparing these books we scoured a great number of sources, but you, the
reader, may know of references that were missed. If this is the case, please
send them to me so that they may be added to the database.

regards,

Jim Chamberlain, Ph.D.,CF
Research Scientist, Non-Timber Forest Products
Coordinator, Research Group 5.11 (Non-Wood Forest Products), IUFRO
U.S. Forest Service, SRS-4702
1650 Ramble Road
Blacksburg, VA 24060

Tel: 540-231-3611