[MPWG] FW: Plant Rescue and ID - AHG MetroDC Chapter Event

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Mon Jun 6 08:49:21 CDT 2005

----- Forwarded by Patricia De Angelis/ARL/R9/FWS/DOI on 06/06/2005 09:45
AM -----

                      Kolleen Gowans
                      <kkg1 at erols.com>         To:      <Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov>
                                               cc:      Michelle Borodinsky <mic2les at starpower.net>, "angelaferri at earthlink.net"
                      06/03/2005 09:45         <angelaferri at earthlink.net>
                      PM                       Subject: FW: Plant Rescue  and ID - AHG MetroDC Chapter Event

I would be grateful if you would share the following with members of
medicinal plants and plant conservation lists.

The’MetroDC Chapter of the American Herbalist Guild’ and the ‘Joe Pye and
Friends Herbal Network’ are hosting a local Plant ID and Rescue on property
in Maryland due for development. The property, which has wetlands and
forest habitats, is scheduled for development this autumn. We would love
the participation and advice of local plant conservators, herbalists,
botanists, and nature enthusiasts !

Many thanks,
AHG Metro DC Chapter
Kolleen Gowans

                           Plant I.D. and Rescue
                       Saturday, June 11, 2005  Noon

Members of Joe Pye and AHG, friends and family are invited to a plant
rescue and I.D. at Watkins Farm in Clarksburg, Maryland. Directions follow.
We will meet on Saturday, June 11, 2005 at 12 noon until however long we
decide. It might be nice to go for a meal afterwards!

The terrain is woodland and lowlands. Please bring shovels, knives,
trowels, gloves, plastic garbage bags with handles, five gallon buckets,
drinking water, field guides, insect repellant, cameras, log books, and
anything else you can think of that might be useful.

This is an exploration...I don’t know what we will find.

Our hosts are Jeff and Elisabeth Dixon.

Please RSVP Angela Ferri by
Wednesday, June 8 at
h) 301 963 0939