[MPWG] Fw: MedBot Newsletter-July 05 Issue

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Tue Jul 26 10:02:16 CDT 2005

The Herbal Dispatch, the newsletter from Mountain State University's (WV)
Medicinal Botanical Program, is now available online.
http://www.mountainstate.edu/usda/newsletters/default.aspx

Here is a description of what you will find in the July issue:

This issue is dedicated to the advertising of the Fourth Annual Medicinal
Plant Symposium, jointly organized by Mountain State University’s Medicinal
Botanicals Program and the USDA/ARS Appalachian Farming Systems Research
Center. The theme of the symposium is “Producing, Using and Marketing Herbs
and Non-timber Forest Products. The event will take place at the MSU campus
in Beckley, WV, on Sep 16-17, 2005.

The Program has sessions on non-timber forest products, utilization of
herbs, and business and marketing that should be of interest to all of you.
This is a very important educational event and we encourage you to attend.
So mark your calendar and make the firm commitment to register and attend.
The newsletter has the forms to register for the symposium and the trade
show. We are already open for registration. Some sessions have limited
capacity, so register early to reserve your space. Send your form and
payment today.

The newsletter has also the articles “Goldenseal–Site Selection, Bed
Preparation and Planting”, “Appalachian Plant Profile 1: Wild carrot” and
“Appalachian Plant Profile 2: Yellow root”.

Thank you, and enjoy the newsletter.

Dr. Mario R. Morales, Director
Medicinal Botanicals Program
Mountain State University
P.O. Box 9003
Beckley, WV 25802-9003

Phone: 304-929-1683

We welcome article submissions and comments.