[MPWG] Proposal to form an association of medicinal plant scientists of India/S. Asia

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Fri Feb 4 07:33:34 CST 2005

Passing along this information as I know we have several members either
live or work in this region.

-Patricia

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 750
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276
Working for the conservation and sustainable use of our green natural
resources.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>

----- Forwarded by Patricia De Angelis/ARL/R9/FWS/DOI on 02/04/2005 08:30
AM -----

                      "avscmpr"
                      <avscmpr at sify.co         To:      <Phytomedica at yahoogroups.com>
                      m>                       cc:
                                               Subject: [Phytomedica] Association of mdicinal plant scientist of India - proposal.
                      02/04/2005 04:03
                      AM

  To dear phytomedica subscribers

  I would like to place before you a proposal - to start an association /
society for the scientists involved in the medicinal plant work in India/
South Asia. . Many scientist do much non-organised research work in very
many institutions , but there is no dedicated setup to bring them together
once in a year or so for effective interation, cooperation and for serving
the national intersts in a more organised way.  My idea is to form a
scientific society for for this purpose, register under the sccieties act
and then function as an umbrella to gather the various resarch scientists
for mutual interation. Eventully a professional journal can also be started
for rapid publication of research results. It can be something like THE
SOUTH ASIAN SOCIETY/ASSOCIATION FOR MEDICINAL PLANT SCIENTISTS.

  I request all medicinal plant workers in India and other  South Asin
countries to respond to this proposal . Based on the rsponse a meeting pf
the target group can be convened possibly in Bangalore to discuss further
and to formally form the society.
  Dear medicinal plant reserchers- please rspond to this proposal.

  Regards

  PN Ravindran.
  My mailing address : Centr for Medicinal Plants Research, Kottakkal
676503, Malappuram Dist., Kerala., India
  Resi: PN Ravindran, 'Manasom ', Major Santhosh Road, West Nadakkav,
Calicut  673 011  . (Ph: 0495-2768007) - For fast delivery
  My email id is :  pn_rnair at hotmail.com /  pnravi2003 at yahoo.com /
avscmpr at sify.com   Ph:  0495-2768007  (India)

  Centre for Medicinal Plants Research
  Arya Vaidya Sala
  Sathabdhi Nagar, Changuvetty
  Kottakkal 676 503
  Malappuram Dist. Kerala, India

  Phone : 0483-2743430
  email: avscmpr at sify.com / avscmpr at yahoo.co.in

Give the gift of life to a sick child.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/3iazvD/6WnJAA/xGEGAA/OnSolB/TM

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

*The Phytomedica Network is a worldwide Liststserve that addresses issues
related to medicinal plants and phytomedicines. For further information,
please contact e-mail:
Phytomedica at conserveafrica.org.uk
*This message is delivered to the Phytomedica Network, a Listserve  that is
managed by Conserve Africa Foundation, but may not necessarily reflect the
views of the  Organisation and of their sponsors.
*If you re-print, copy, archive or re-post this message, please retain this
credit and disclaimer.
.To join the network, please send a blank e-mail to:
phytomedica-subscribe at yahoogroups.com
phytomedica/