[MPWG] Re: Key Opp for Influencing National NTFP Management/Science

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Tue Feb 1 09:02:04 CST 2005

Here is an opportunity for you to participate in an online consultation
concerning NTFPs.  I am fowarding the link along with comments from two
colleagues who have already taken a look at the survey.  Comments due by
Feb. 20!

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 750
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276
Working for the conservation and sustainable use of our green natural
resources.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>

----- Forwarded by Patricia De Angelis/ARL/R9/FWS/DOI on 02/01/2005 09:53
AM -----

Dear Forest Stakeholder:

 We hope that you will take the time to provide the Roundtable on
Sustainable Forests with your input by participating in our on-line
consultation, which is available at
http://sustainableforests.dialoguebydesign.net/.  Your participation should
take no more than 45 minutes, and the web site is designed so that you can
navigate to the topics that align most closely with your expertise,
interests, and values.  It is very important for us to hear from you as we
move forward.  We need your input by February 20, 2005

Here is what two colleagues thought....

I went through this process and would encourage others because the lines
of thinking are based primarily on human economic values and scientific
knowledge, rather than traditional knowledge. People on our list would have

much to offer.
Thank you,
Penny

There are several questions on this website that deal with
NTFPs.  Even if you make a few thoughtful comments just in the NTFP areas I
believe it would be quite helpful for sending the message that NTFPs are
important.  Please consider taking 10 minutes to make a few
comments.  These opportunities are very rare to directly influence NTFP
science and management.  The deadline is Feb 20.  Thanks! ej