[MPWG] Ginseng

Jim Chamberlain jachambe at vt.edu
Wed Sep 1 10:18:46 CDT 2004

Thought folks might be interested in this.

MIT team explains yin-yang of ginseng
< http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2004-08/miot-mte083004.php >

  In work that emphasizes the need for stronger regulations of herbal
drugs,
  an international team of MIT scientists and colleagues has unraveled the
  yin and the yang of ginseng, or why the popular alternative medicine can
  have two entirely different, opposing effects on the body.

--
Jim Chamberlain, Ph.D.,CF
Research Scientist, Non-Timber Forest Products

Tel:	540-231-3611
Fax:	540-231-1383
Email:	jachambe at vt.edu
Email:	jchamberlain at fs.fed.us