[MPWG] Suggestions for locations

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Sat Oct 23 10:36:04 CDT 2004

We are starting to discuss MPWG's Third "Industrial Symposium for the
Preservation and Medicinal and Aromatic Plants" (Symp III for short)!!
Symp III would tentatively be held in October 2005.

As you may be aware, the previous two Symposia have been held in
Philadelphia.  At the last Symposium, attendees expressed an interest in
moving the Symposium to another location.  In preliminary discussions, the
planning committee has agreed that Symp III needs to do a better job
getting representatives from the raw materials industry and retailers to
the Symposium.  To do this, we would like to select a venue in their
"backyard."  So far, we have thought of Utah (Salt Lake City) and Colorado
(Boulder).

We want to explore the above two and any other locations that might meet
the following criteria:

Location Criteria:
-proximity to raw materials industry
-ease of access (via airport (international) and road)
-venue options
-media and other outreach opportunities
-moderate costs (i.e. not too upscale)
-MPWG partners/members in the region

We would like to hear from you! Please send an e-mail directly to me with
any suggestions - don't forget to let me know how the location addresses
the criteria mentioned above!

Thanks,
Patricia

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 750
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276
Working for the conservation and sustainable use of our green natural
resources.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>