[MPWG] Funding for Prairie Research

Michael Anderson biologic at chorus.net
Thu Nov 4 09:32:10 CST 2004

Please share this announcement.
Direct all replies to prairiebioticresearch at hotmail.com.
Apologizes for duplications.

Thank you for your interest and assistance,
Mike Anderson
Vice President, Prairie Biotic Research

FUNDING FOR PRAIRIE RESEARCH
offered by Prairie Biotic Research, Inc.

We Are.....Prairie Biotic Research, Inc. is a Wisconsin nonprofit established in 2000.  Our purpose is to foster biotic research in prairies.  One of the ways we do this is through a Small Grants Program that funds grants up to $1000 for the study of any grassland taxa in the USA.  We are especially eager to support independent researchers (individuals lacking institutional support), but anyone may apply.  From 2002 to 2004, we awarded 12 grants to researchers in seven states to study insects, plants, mammals, reptiles and spiders.  Half of these grants supported graduate student research.

In 2005, we expect to fund four grants of up to $1,000 each.  We also have additional geographically restricted funds for research in southeastern Wisconsin and for research in Iowa.

To Apply for a Grant.....To apply for a grant, contact Michael Anderson at Prairie Biotic Research, Inc., PO Box 5424, Madison, WI 53705, or prairiebioticresearch at hotmail.com after October 15, 2004, for a Grant Application Form.  Proposals must be received by January 15, 2005.

Our Supporters.....We’ve received gifts in support of the 2005 Small Grants Program from: H. Baldwin; G. & T. Balogh; BioLogic Environmental Consulting, LLC; C. Blamire; A. Blattner; K. & B. Bowman; K. Christoffel; R. Christoffel; T. Felden; C. Gimse-Owen & R. Owen; D. & H. Hagar; the Jerome and Dorothy Holz Family Foundation; G. Johnson; P. Kellogg; the Legg Mason Blattner Charitable Trust; M. Lockwood; the Reva and David Logan Foundation; the Fred Maytag Family Foundation; C. & R. Mutel; U. Petersen; J. & R. Sime; L. Van Slyke; G. Teschendorf; T. & E. Wedel; and the West Bend Mutual Charitable Trust.

To Become A Supporter.....Please make a donation to support our Small Grants Program.  Any amount is welcome.  PBR is run entirely by volunteers and we maintain no offices so our overhead is very low.  You may specify that your entire tax-deductible donation be given to researchers through our Small Grants Program.  You may also specify: a geographical region in which the research is to be done; research in one of three taxa (plants, invertebrates or vertebrates); graduate student research; or our endowment fund to support our Small Grants Program.

THANK YOU,
from the Board and Scientific Advisors of Prairie Biotic Research, Inc.,
Michael Anderson, Rebecca Christoffel, Douglas LeDoux, Eric Metzler, Ursula Petersen, Dennis Schlicht, Scott Swengel, David Voegtlin, Andrew Williams and Daniel Young