[MPWG] Off track?

Robyn Klein robyn at rrreading.com
Fri Jan 30 09:02:03 CST 2004

Dear MPWG folks,

I haven't had time to respond, but have been groaning over the recent
posts, because I've seen this before. These vibrant and important topics
have been debated on many other lists. This discussion has led to some
better understanding by both sides. However, it can also get ugly as these
topics are crucial to our beliefs and values. Not everyone is adept at
diplomacy, and damage can be done to lists. That's why there are netiquette
guidelines.

I also believe that we need to stick to medicinal plant conservation
topics.  Herbal medicine is often confused with herbal medicineS. That is,
herbal medicine involves the diversity of models of healing (and not the
topic of this list), while herbal medicineS are the tools used by various
models of healing, both traditional and conventional.

Let's stick to talking about plants (the tools) and how we can maintain
their populations and diversity in all ecosystems on our blessed planet.

Best Regards,
Robyn Klein, Herbalist AHG (currently masters graduate student at MSU)
Sweetgrass School of Herbalism
Bozeman, Montana USA

At 11:33 PM 1/29/04 -0500, you wrote:
>Steven's comments are right on and totally consistent with an email I sent
>Patricia a few weeks ago.  There are numerous forums for other herbal
>issues; I signed up for this one to specifically deal with med plant
>conservation issues.
>
>With respect and appreciation to all who who have passion for botanical
>and other forms of natural medicine, Cordially, Mark Blumenthal

Robyn Klein, Masters Graduate Student
Department of Plant Sciences & Plant Pathology
Montana State University
Bozeman, MT 59715