[MPWG] Reply to Rob Wolkow MD

Wolkow, Robert Robert.Wolkow at pfizer.com
Thu Jan 29 11:30:24 CST 2004

You seem to imply that scientific method is of little or no value and that
to understand the world we should rely on what has come before.If you really
believe that clinical trials provide no useful information but the fact that
millions of people believe that tiger and bear parts (just as one example)
are curative means it must be truly of benefit than there is little to
discuss further. Just as it is true, as you say, that orthodox medicine does
not have all the cures and all the right answers and people die because
there is no cure, it is also true that the same limitations apply to natural
products. I have been to places where traditional medicines are used
exclusively and healthy octagenarians were far and few between.