[MPWG] Mission statement??

myron wdsofedn at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 5 00:11:26 CST 2004

What I consider curious:
No mention yet of the appropriateness of using endangered goldenseal for a
dental infection.
I concur the use of other berberine containing plants. Memebers on Another
herblist to which i subscribe decried the at-risk status of Oregon grape
root which elicitted a barrage of comments regarding viable propogation,
range, and appropriate application.  Issues that, while welcome (especially
Robyn's) might be considered off-topic for a therapeutics list yet
Incredibly appropriate for THIS list  (and less so the concerns of a dental
infection)I have also used spilanthes, but less so on concerns of
sustainability despite its absence from a number of watch lists, BTW.
What is the thematic focus of this list?  I am presuming (hoping)
sustainable promotion of herbal remedies with respect to their use as
alternative pharmaceutical substitutes (if only to reduce the burden on our
diminishing water table) AND their use within a living herbal
tradition/philosophy which runs counter to conventional drug use.  A tall
task no doubt, and I appreciated more the "conservation" comments of IVOR
rather than the attempts to prescibe over the net. which I consider
inappropriate for this list ( Despite gleaning a couple of good resources
and staying abreast of opinions I highly respect .  Nevertheless I am simply
deleting the therapeutics recommendations while wishing the best of luck to
the questioner)
myron
On the other hand many of us like to see the questions and answers even if
we are not participating in the conversation.

Most important is to keep the responses to the point and send thank yous and
asides to the individuals in question and not to the list.

Jackie Wootton