[MPWG] Organic Comments - Certification, cont'd

mangodance bmn at iglou.com
Thu Dec 9 06:41:45 CST 2004

pankaj oudhia wrote:
> The herbs produced by the mother nature is ORGANIC ? I feel we should
> change the word as NATURAL atleast for medicinal herbs.Continue the word
> ORGANIC for agricultural produces.
>
> NATURAL products are far superior than the ORGANIC.

I know what you're trying to get at...but "natural" has been co-opted by
corporate marketing.  It no longer means anything.  Everything is now
touted as "natural".  Strychnine is natural...just not desirable.  How
to distinguish?  I still lean towards "wildcrafted".  However,
fly-by-nighters denude areas of material, and may collect roadsides and
other undesirable places.  So...what is an acceptible distinction?