[MPWG] NNFP Annual Meeting - Oct 13-16, 2004 - Colorado

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Tue Aug 3 12:29:51 CDT 2004

The National Network of Forest Practitioners (NNFP) 14th Annual Meeting
will be held in Ouray, Colorado on October 13-16, 2004.  Several members of
NNFP are also MPWG members, but we have only just begun to explore the
potential that collaboration might bring.  Both of our groups are based on
a similar model of multiple stakeholder membership and we share many
similar concerns and challenges.  I have high hopes that our collaboration
will develop and strengthen our ability to foster sustainable use and
conservation in the U.S. - not just for medicinal plants, but for NTFPs in
general.

Below is an excerpt of the final agenda that is attached to this e-mail,
along with a registration form.

COEXIST
RESPONSIBILITY, COLLABORATION, AND RESTORATION
The theme of the National Network of Forest Practitioners 14thAnnual
Meeting is a reflection of the efforts, in the Four Corners region and
nationwide, toward valuing the landscape and culture in a new way. With
vast tracts of public lands, a changing ecology and economy, and rapid
population growth, the southwest is under increasing pressure to
sustainably manage forest lands for a variety of benefits, including
biodiversity, community well-being, and viable local economies.

(See attached file: AM04 Final Agenda.pdf)(See attached file: AM04
Registration & Scholarship Form.pdf)

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 750
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276
Working for the conservation and sustainable use of our green natural
resources.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>