[MPWG] Siberican Red Book (fwd)

Plant Conservation plant at plantconservation.org
Thu Oct 30 07:47:50 CST 2003

Please respond directly to Elena at elenakosovich at yahoo.com.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2003 14:04:18 -0800 (PST)
From: Elena Kosovich <elenakosovich at yahoo.com>
Subject: Siberican Red Book

Dear colleagues,

Let me introduce myself. My name is Yelena Kosovich. I am a botanist from
Irkutsk State University, Siberia, and the author of the first full-color
Red Books (Chapter Plants) of Lake Baikal area. I am presently working at
the University of Wyoming as a Junior Faculty Development Program winner.
The program is being sponsored by the US government. I am pleased to see
your website and I thought to write you since I and my colleagues would
be happy to publish some information on red books of Irkutsk oblast and
Buryat Republik (both are located within Lake Baikal area) in proper
American magazines or, at least, in the form of abstracts for some
ecobotanical conference. I would like to hope this material could be of
your interest. Would you please help me with your advice where the
materials like ours might be published.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely;

Dr. Yelena I. Kosovich,