[MPWG] Can You Help?

Flo Oxley oxley at wildflower.org
Fri Nov 14 16:30:51 CST 2003

We are working with a reporter who has asked the question: Are there any examples of food or medicien that has been lost because a plant species has become extinct? While I think I can talk about plants with medicinal or food value that are currently threatened or endangered, I can't come up with any that have actually gone extinct. Any ideas or thoughts?

Thanks for your help on this!

Flo Oxley
Lady Bird Johnson Wildflower Center
4801 La Crosse Avenue
Austin, TX 78739
(512) 292-4200 ext. 160
oxley at wildflower.org

Educating North America about the environmental necessity, economic value, and natural beauty of native plants.