[APWG] WEBINAR: Resilience in a Summer of Weather Extremes; August 17; 2-3 pm EDT

Krone, Elizabeth C elizabeth_krone at fws.gov
Mon Aug 14 11:32:29 CDT 2023

*Pardon crossposting*

RESILIENCE IN A SUMMER OF WEATHER EXTREMES

Webinar date/time: August 17, 2023; 2-3 pm EDT

Duration: 1 hour

What will you learn?
July 2023 has been a month of climate crisis around the world, raging wild fires, soaring heat waves, and devastating flooding.

In this webinar, Sustainable Herbs Program Director, Ann Armbrecht, will speak with Elizabeth Sawin, Biologist and Founder and Director of the Multisolving Institute, and Amy Seidl, Ecologist and Senior Lecturer in Environmental Studies at the University of Vermont, about how we can respond to this moment in time.

The future we have been warned about is here – and demands an immediate response. Yet our lives are enmeshed in systems that will take time to rebuild. That tension can either lead to paralysis, as we fall back to old ways of doing things, or it can be an opportunity to restructure.

In this webinar, the speakers will talk about that tension and explore some of the questions that seem most pressing at this time:

What can we do now to invest in the institutions - social, economic, ecological, and cultural - that will get through these crises now and in the future?
How can we re-imagine these institutions so that they allow human and natural communities to thrive over the longterm?

Presenters:
Elizabeth Sawin, Founder and Director of the Multisolving Institute
Amy Seidl, Senior Lecturer in Environmental Studies at the University of Vermont

Details & Registration: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/resilience-in-a-summer-of-weather-extremes-tickets-689426863307?aff=oddtdtcreator

Webinar presented by American Botanical Council Sustainable Herbs Program: https://www.herbalgram.org/resources/herbalgram/issues/124/table-of-contents/hg124-shpnews-overview/