[APWG] ARTICLE: Private landowners and the facilitation of an invasive species (open access)

Park, Margaret E margaret_park at fws.gov
Tue Oct 5 05:51:04 CDT 2021

Michael G. Sorice et al., Rangelands, September 30, 2021

  *   “We explored private landowner perceptions about the invasive Kentucky bluegrass in the US northern Great Plains.
  *   Landowner responses to a mail survey indicated little to no preventative action.
  *   We also employed a scenario approach to assess landowner perceptions based on changes to ecosystem services.
  *   Scenario results indicated that the early stage of invasion was considered slightly acceptable. At the late stage, when negative impacts are most severe for landowner livelihoods, bluegrass was rated as slightly unacceptable.
  *   Cascading impacts will become more evident and incentivizing early action to prevent further invasion is key to maintaining these working landscapes.”

Link to article: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rala.2021.08.008

Citation: Michael G. Sorice, Kiandra Rajala and David Toledo, Private landowners and the facilitation of an invasive species, Rangelands, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.rala.2021.08.008