[APWG] FW: [MAIPC] Conference information and registration

Marc Imlay ialm at erols.com
Tue Jul 2 20:16:04 CDT 2019

From: MAIPC <maipc-bounces at lists.maipc.org
<mailto:maipc-bounces at lists.maipc.org> > On Behalf Of Ossi, Damien (DOEE)
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2019 12:45 PM
To: MAIPC Listserve (maipc at lists.maipc.org <mailto:maipc at lists.maipc.org> )
<maipc at lists.maipc.org <mailto:maipc at lists.maipc.org> >
Subject: [MAIPC] Conference information and registration

Registration is open for the 2019 conference!

Please go to http://www.maipc.org/2019-conference/ for information about the
speakers, agenda, registration, and lodging.

Thanks,

Damien

Secretary, MAIPC

Damien P. Ossi

Wildlife Biologist

Fisheries and Wildlife Division

Department of Energy & Environment

Government of the District of Columbia

1200 First Street NE, 5th Floor

Washington, DC 20002

Desk: (202) 741-0840

Web: doee.dc.gov <http://www.doee.dc.gov/>

2019 CONFERENCE

MONDAY, AUGUST 5 - TUESDAY, AUGUST 6, 2019
AT JUNIATA COLLEGE, HUNTINGDON, PA

providing regional leadership to effectively address the threat of invasive
plants to the native flora, fauna, and natural habitats

*          <http://www.maipc.org/> HOME

*          <http://www.maipc.org/2019-conference/> ABOUT US

*          <http://www.maipc.org/why-invasives/> WHY INVASIVES

*          <http://www.maipc.org/get-involved/> GET INVOLVED

*          <http://www.maipc.org/2019-conference/> RESOURCES

*

2019 CONFERENCE

MONDAY, AUGUST 5 - TUESDAY, AUGUST 6, 2019
AT JUNIATA COLLEGE, HUNTINGDON, PA

  _____

MAIPC is presenting a two-day conference at Juniata College in Huntingdon,
Pennsylvania. The biology and ecology of invasive plants are a driving
factor in their impacts on natural areas, while past disturbance, land use,
soils and other factors can strongly influence the success of restoration
efforts. We will explore a variety of topics relating to invasion biology
and restoration: impacts of invasive plants on whole ecosystems, invasive
plant management partnerships at multiple spatial scales, the news in latest
biocontrol, and melding restoration with working landscapes. Additionally,
we will present two rapid-fire sessions of short, 7-minute talks, a Monday
evening poster pub, and field trips to local restoration sites. Plenty of
time will be available for questions, discussion, and networking with
speakers and attendees. We invite you to join us for this 10th Mid-Atlantic
Invasive Plant Council Conference. It will be an exciting and informative
two-day meeting.

List of Speakers

Conference Agenda

Registration & Fees