[APWG] Giant Hogweed

Marc Imlay ialm at erols.com
Wed Jun 20 06:14:29 CDT 2018

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/giant-hogweed-plant-causes-blindness-third-degr
ee-burns-discovered-in-virginia-other-states/  The dangerous plant also
grows in New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Maryland, Oregon, Washington,
Michigan, Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.

How successful have our programs been in reducing the amount of giant
hogweed? How well are we using our success data to help obtain support for
our invasive species control programs?

Marc Imlay, PhD, Chair, MAIPC Biological control working Group,  MD Chapter
Sierra Club Natural Places Chair.

Conservation biologist, Park Ranger Office, Non-native Invasive Plant
Control coordinator.
(301) 442-5657 cell   <mailto:ialm at erols.com> ialm at erols.com
Natural and Historical Resources Division
The  Maryland-National   Capital   Park  and Planning Commission
 <http://www.pgparks.com/> www.pgparks.com

---