[APWG] successful riparian Japanese knotweed programs?

BCCD bccd at sover.net
Tue Sep 12 13:57:38 CDT 2017

I'm working with a group of landowners in a subwatershed of the Batten Kill
watershed in Vermont. We hope to create a landowners' association to manage
Japanese knotweed over the long term. I have suggested to the landowners
that annual treatments for four years followed by annual monitoring and
treatments as needed will do the trick. They understandably would like to
know if others have tried something similar, and if so, whether it was
successful. Does anyone have success stories (or sad stories) to share with
me? Thanks very much.

Shelly Stiles, district manager

Bennington County Conservation District

PO Box 505