[APWG] FW: Emerging weed threats Willamette Valley-Puget Trough-Georgia Basin - info request

Pamela Zevit Adamah Consultants adamah at telus.net
Mon Jun 5 14:58:02 CDT 2017

Forwarding this on behalf of Ivy Clark with the Center for Natural Lands Management. This was originally posted via the Cascade Prairie Oak Partnership list but I don’t think it was posted to the APWG? Please respond to her directly at iclark at CNLM.ORG if you have any questions, feedback or issues with the survey form.

Pamela

Are you a prairie-oak land manager in the Willamette Valley-Puget Trough-Georgia Basin (WPG) region?  We would like your first-hand knowledge of the unique invasives present on your site.

My name is Ivy (Lauren) Clark, a recent MS graduate of restoration ecology and I am new to this list. I work at the Center for Natural Lands Management and I have started working with my colleagues Elspeth Hilton Kim & Nate Johnson on tackling emerging weed threats in our prairie-oak habitats. This is a project that came out of the discussions held with many of you over the past few years about the idea of a prairie-oak weed management area. Rather than creating a formal group, some specific projects that address invasive threats throughout the WPG ecoregion were identified.

We are looking for newly spreading, little-known, or prairie-specific invasive weeds that managers lack a control method for, or have recently found on their prairie-oak landscape.  We are identifying knowledge gaps in the distribution and control of emerging prairie-oak invasives so that we can then fill these information gaps and work toward more thorough control of present weeds and prevent new establishment.  What weed species are you most concerned about on your prairie-oak land?

I'd appreciate it if you fill out our simple google-form <https://goo.gl/forms/Fmjtopi8VBRq1w3S2>  also linked below. Responses by email are also appreciated, and I'm happy to follow those up with a phone call for more details if desired.  <https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif>

Google Form Survey:  weeds of concern <https://goo.gl/forms/Fmjtopi8VBRq1w3S2>

Thank you very much for your time & efforts in weed management!

~Ivy (Lauren) Clark

---